The center for special welding technologies focuses on research and development in the field of advanced welding, hard surfacing and surface treatment technologies. The center includes a state-of-the-art workplace designed for comprehensive research of technological processes using the most modern methods of electron beam welding, laser welding, electric and plasma arc welding in all positions and in any trajectory of the weld.
The center focuses on:
- Welding and hard surfacing of conventional and new construction materials,
- Creation of special surface layers,
- Surface texturing of construction materials,
- Progressive soldering methods,
- Monitoring of rapid technological processes,
- Monitoring and analysis of welding parameters of arc welding technologies.
The complex electron-beam workplace is equipped with two electron cannons with a beam power of 30 kW and a vacuum chamber with dimensions 1500 x 1500 x 2500 mm. The robotic laser welding workstation has equipment enabling welding and cutting. The arc and plasma technology workplace has equipment for automated MIG, MAG, TIG, CMT, TOP TIG and plasma arc welding. It is also equipped with a high-speed camera with laser illumination unit and independent measurement of welding parameters.
The above-mentioned equipment allows to design and optimize welding parameters of steels and non-ferrous alloys, to detect the causes of weld defects at specific welding parameters, to measure the performance parameters of new additive materials and to determine the influence of different welding parameters on the resulting geometric, mechanical and structural characteristics of the welded joints.
The weld joint analysis laboratory is focused on the analysis of weld joints from the NDT point of view and macro and microstructural analysis. The laboratory has equipment for visual, capillary, magnetic-powder and ultrasonic inspection of welded joints, as well as equipment for the preparation of samples for macro and microstructural analysis using optical inspection.
The materials welding workplace is designed for the execution of work in the field of welding, hard surfacing and flame brazing, welding and hard surfacing with electric arc (ROZ, MIG/MAG, TIG), thermal cutting (oxygen and plasma arc cutting) and materials preparation. The department provides certified training of welders and senior welding personnel within the framework of STN EN ISO 9606-1 and STN 050705.
- Welding equipment for ROZ, MIG/MAG and TIG welding,
- Universal and semi-automated welding equipment for welding, hard surfacing and renovation,
- Equipment for flame welding and thermal cutting of materials,
- Gas management,
- non-contact and touch thermometer.